No-Bake Cookies and Cream Chex™ Bars
Cookies and cream lovers will be raving over this easy no-bake cereal bar mixed with your favorite chocolate sandwich cookie.
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 bag (10 oz) miniature marshmallows
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Spray large bowl with cooking spray. Add cereal, crushed cookies and 1 cup of the chocolate chips to bowl.
- Spray large microwavable bowl with cooking spray; add butter and marshmallows. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes, stirring after each minute, until smooth.
- Pour hot marshmallow mixture over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until cereal is well coated. Press firmly in bottom of pan. Sprinkle powdered sugar through fine mesh strainer over top. Cool at least 1 hour 30 minutes until firm. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Spoon into resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut small tip from corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over top. Let stand about 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm and chocolate is set. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.
- Make sure to really compress the cereal bars; that will make them easier to cut.
- Easily crush cookies by placing them in resealable food-storage plastic bag and pressing with rolling pin a few times.