- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add cereal; mix well. Using waxed paper or spatula sprayed with cooking spray, press mixture evenly into baking dish. Cool 15 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows.
- Healthy: Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Techniques: If mixture is difficult to press into pan, slightly dampen fingers with water.
Serving Size: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.