- 3 cups Maple Brown Sugar Chex™ Cereal
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex™ Cereal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red apple chips
- 1 cup Nature Valley™ Crunchy Oats & Honey Granola
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Heat oven to 250°F. Spray large rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix both cereals and walnuts until well blended.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool on pan 20 minutes.
- In large serving bowl, mix cereal mixture, apple chips, granola and dried cherries. Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Microwave Prep: In large serving bowl, mix both cereals and walnuts. In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until melted; stir in brown sugar, vanilla and salt, then stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 5 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on parchment-lined rimmed sheet pan to cool 5 minutes. In same large serving bowl, mix cereal mixture, apple chips, granola and dried cherries. Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Make it your own! Use chopped pecans instead of walnuts, or experiment with other dried fruits.
- To play up the cherry apple crumble theme, serve this Chex™ party mix in a pretty pie dish.
1/2 Cup Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 19g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2