- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups pretzel snaps
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into tablespoons
- 4 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped crisp cooked bacon (6 slices)
- In large microwaveable bowl, mix cereals, pretzels, and peanuts.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in barbecue seasoning until blended. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in bacon. Store covered in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- When ready to serve, take out only as much snack mix as you can eat within 2 hours. Bacon needs to be kept refrigerated.
To make this snack mix come together even faster, use precooked bacon. Heat slices as directed on package, chop and stir into snack mix.
In place of honey-roasted peanuts, you can use the same amount of barbecue-flavored almonds for more barbecue flavor.