- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups kettle corn
- 1 cup gluten-free cocktail peanuts
- 1 cup gluten-free candy-coated chocolate candies
- In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line large rimmed baking sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter and water uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave cereal mixture uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread on baking sheet. Cool 15 minutes.
- In large serving bowl, mix cereal mixture, kettle corn, peanuts and candies. Store in covered container.
- For fun, substitute cheese-flavored popcorn for the kettle corn.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free.
1/2 Cup Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5