- 6 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mild molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 gingersnap cookies, broken into quarters (from 16-oz box)
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large microwavable bowl, add cereal.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter, brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger and cloves uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour onto cereal; toss until mixed well. Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after every minute, until cereal is well coated and glazed. Spread on cookie sheet to cool. Stir in cookie pieces.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Transfer to small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Drizzle onto cereal mixture. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until drizzle is set.
- Carefully break apart; transfer to large serving bowl.
- Gingersnap cookies are easily broken into quarters with hands, or use a sharp knife to carefully cut into quarters.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
1 Serving: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 130mg; Potassium 70mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1