- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups vanilla chips (12 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (can substitute coconut or other oil)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (zest of 2 oranges)
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Place cereal in a large bowl.
- In a 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, add vanilla chips and oil. Melt in 30 second increments, stopping and stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour melted vanilla chips over the Rice Chex, then gently stir until all of the cereal is coated. Fold in the orange zest and extracts, if using.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a large zipped-top bag. Add the cereal mixture, seal the bag, and shake until all the cereal is covered in powdered sugar. Discard any excess sugar.
- Spread Muddy Buddies on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper to cool. Top with additional orange zest, if desired. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.