- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup Planters® cocktail peanuts (from 16-oz container)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup Kraft® JET-PUFFED mini marshmallows (from 10-oz bag)
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips
- 4 1/2 teaspoons holiday-colored nonpareils or sprinkles
- 1/2 cup holiday-colored M&M'S™ chocolate candies
- Line large rimmed pan with paper towels.
- In medium microwavable bowl, mix Corn Chex™ cereal, 1 cup of the pretzels and the peanuts; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 40 to 50 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasoned salt and red pepper. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes, stirring after every minute, until cereal is toasted. Spread in pan to cool.
- Line another large rimmed pan with waxed paper. In large bowl, mix Rice Chex™ cereal, marshmallows and remaining 1 cup pretzels.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 45 seconds; stir. If needed, microwave in additional 15-second increments, stirring vigorously after each, until melted and smooth. Pour onto Rice Chex™ cereal mixture; mix well. Spread in pan; immediately sprinkle with holiday nonpareils. Cool about 30 minutes or until set. Break into bite-size pieces.
- In large serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures and candies.
- Take care when microwaving white vanilla baking chips so you don’t overheat them. Heat just until chips start to melt, and stir until smooth.
- By changing the color and type of sprinkles, you easily can serve this mix for different holidays or occasions.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5