- 2 medium bananas, peeled, cut in 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chex™ cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons rainbow mix candy sprinkles
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place banana slices, cut side up, on cookie sheet. Insert toothpick into each slice. Place in freezer about 30 minutes or until bananas are firm.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and oil uncovered on High 30 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 15-second increments until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- In small bowl, mix cereal and candy sprinkles. Remove bananas from freezer. Using spoon, spoon melted chocolate to cover bottom and half way up sides of banana slice; gently shake off excess chocolate. Sprinkle cereal mixture over chocolate. Return to cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining bananas. Return to freezer about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in covered container in freezer.
- Try dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet chips for even more decadence!
- To ripen bananas quickly, place them in paper bag at room temperature 1 to 2 days.