- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex™ cereal
- 8 oz pecans
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside. In small microwave-safe dish, microwave butter on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in vanilla. In large microwavable bowl, mix all cereals and pecans. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly distributed. Add sugar and spice mixture and stir until coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown, stirring every minute. Spread on wax paper or a cookie sheet to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Do-Ahead: To ease the load of last-minute prep, make the mix up to 2 weeks ahead and store in an airtight container.
Serving Size: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 7g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 6%; Iron 30%
Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 1 oz-eq Meat & Beans
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.