- 3 cups Corn Chex™ Cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ Cereal
- 1 container (10.3 oz) mixed nuts (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup bite-size wheat crackers (from 8-oz box)
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large microwavable bowl, add cereals and mixed nuts.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 20 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in garlic salt, onion powder, thyme and rosemary; pour onto cereal and nut mixture. Stir mixture thoroughly to evenly coat.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 6 minutes, stirring after every minute, until well coated and slightly toasted. Spread on cookie sheet to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to large serving bowl; stir in crackers.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Your favorite combination of salted nuts will work in place of the mixed nuts in this recipe.
1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 180mg; Potassium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1