- 6 cups Rice Chex™
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup red and green sprinkles
- Pour the Chex into a large bowl. Place the chocolate chips and oil into a large microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 15 second increments, stopping and stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal, then gently stir until all of the cereal is coated. Fold in the crushed candy canes. Add sprinkles.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a large zipped-top bag. Add the chocolate covered cereal. Seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture. Discard excess powder.
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- An easy and tasty treat for the holiday season. Also perfect for gift-giving and can easily be doubled to yield a larger batch.
- With gluten free sprinkles and candy canes you can easily make this recipe gluten free.