- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup original-flavor malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 4 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate-covered malted milk balls
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Line large rimmed baking pan with waxed paper. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, malted milk powder and baking cocoa; set aside. In large microwavable bowl, add cereals.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in granulated sugar; microwave uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds or until sugar is almost dissolved. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after every minute, until well coated and slightly toasted; transfer to 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar mixture to bag with cereal; seal bag, and shake to coat thoroughly. Spread in pan; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In large serving bowl, mix cereal mixture, malted milk balls and baking chips. Store at room temperature in covered container.
- If desired, add 1 cup salted roasted almonds to the snack mix.
- Malted milk powder is commonly added to milk, ice cream treats and baked goods.
Serving Size (1/2 Cup): Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 25%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5