- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and popcorn.
- In 1-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture evenly over cereal mixture; stir. Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer. Spread on waxed paper or paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Substitution: The cinnamon and sugar mixture blends in more evenly when it’s sprinkled on the cereal mixture a half at a time.
Serving Size: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.