- 1 box (12.1 oz) Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free roasted salted whole almonds
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In large microwavable bowl, place cereal. Line large rimmed baking sheet with cooking parchment paper. In small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter and 1/3 cup sugar uncovered on High about 1 minute or until butter is melted; stir to blend. Pour over cereal; toss gently to coat.
- Microwave cereal mixture uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Microwave an additional 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture; toss gently to coat. Spread on baking sheet. Cool 20 minutes.
- In large serving bowl, mix cereal mixture, almonds and chocolate chips. Store in covered container.
- For a real treat, serve this crispy snack mixture on top of ice cream!
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free.
- Products and ingredient sources can change.
1/2 Cup Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 13g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 10%; Iron 30%; Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5