- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups butter pretzel spindles
- 1 cup salted roasted whole cashews
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large microwavable bowl, add cereals, pretzels and cashews.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter, honey, chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper uncovered on High 20 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir and pour onto cereal mixture, mixing thoroughly to coat.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 6 minutes, stirring after every minute, until well coated and slightly toasted. Spread on cookie sheet to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Salted roasted almonds or pecans are a great substitute for cashews.
1 Serving: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 200mg; Potassium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1