- 10 cups Corn Chex™ Cereal or Rice Chex™ Cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt or seasoned salt
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, nuts and pretzels; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 40 to 60 seconds or until melted. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and salt. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- For oven directions, heat oven to 250°F. Put cereal, nuts, pretzels and melted butter mixture into ungreased roasting pan, and bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes.
- If you have gluten-free onion or garlic salt, feel free to substitute one of those for the salt.
1/2 Cup Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 300mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1