Gluten-Free Original Chex™ Party Mix (made without peanut, nut, or dairy ingredients)
Gather everyone around the table to enjoy this delicious snack mix, full of Chex™ and Cheerios™ cereals and gluten-free pretzels. This version is made without nut, dairy, or gluten ingredients!
- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios™ cereal
- 2 cups bite-size gluten-free pretzel sticks or twists
- 6 tablespoons vegan dairy-free buttery vegetable oil spread
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g); Protein 1g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%;
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- In large bowl, mix cereals and pretzels until well blended. In small microwavable bowl, microwave vegetable oil spread uncovered on High 30 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Transfer to ungreased roasting pan.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Always read labels to make sure each ingredient is free of allergens that you are sensitive to. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Save time by making this in the microwave. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and pretzels; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave vegetable oil spread uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring after every minute. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Roasting pans vary greatly in size and shape (i.e. round, rectangular). We suggest a pan no smaller than 15 x 11 x 2 1/2 inches. The higher sides allow for ease in stirring. Don’t have a roasting pan? You can buy disposable pans with similar dimensions.