Chex™ Muddy Buddies™ Scotcheroos
What do you get when you take a favorite no-bake cereal bar and give it a Chex™ Muddy Buddies™ twist? An easy-to-make bar that no one will be able to say “no” to.
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 bag (10 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Spray large bowl with cooking spray. Add cereals and chocolate chips to bowl.
- Spray large microwavable bowl with cooking spray; add butter, peanut butter, butterscotch chips and marshmallows. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until smooth and mixture is well blended.
- Pour hot marshmallow mixture over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until cereal is well coated. Press firmly in bottom of pan. Sprinkle powdered sugar through fine mesh strainer over top. Cool at least 1 hour 30 minutes until firm. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.
- Make sure to really compress the cereal bars; that will make them easier to cut.
- The secret for cutting bars easily is to line the pan with heavy-duty or nonstick foil. When it is time to cut the bars, just lift the baked bar with the foil out of the pan, and cut. This also makes cleanup extra easy.