Gluten-Free Tiramisu Chex™ Mix
Chocolately tiramisu flavors in an easy to make Chex™ party mix.
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder, granules or crystals
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 4 cups gluten-free pound cake pieces
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- Serving Size: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 1 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large bowl, place cereal. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in espresso; add chocolate chips. Microwave on High 30 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving and stirring until mixture is smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal; toss until well coated.
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix powdered sugar and cocoa. Add cereal mixture and pound cake pieces; shake until evenly coated. Serve in individual bowls or glasses. Top with dollops of mascarpone cheese.
- Footnote: Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.