Red, White and Blueberry Chex™ Bars
Corn Chex™ cereal and freeze-dried berries give this no-bake treat bars fun, Fourth of July flair.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup mixed freeze-dried berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries), plus additional for topping
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons white vanilla baking chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray; line with cooking parchment paper, leaving an overhang of paper on two sides.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat butter and marshmallows over medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; add cereal and freeze-dried berries, and stir to combine. Fold in 1/3 cup of the chips. They may melt a little, but that’s okay. Press mixture evenly into pan. Sprinkle with additional berries.
- In small microwavable bowl, mix 2 tablespoons chips with the coconut oil; microwave uncovered on high in 30-second bursts until melted and smooth when stirred. Drizzle over top of bars. Let stand until firm before cutting, about 50 minutes. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- A trick to keep the parchment paper from sliding around the pan as you press in the mixture is to spray the pan first with cooking spray. The parchment will stick to the spray and stay in place when you press in the mixture!