Rainbow Chip Chex™ Muddy Buddies™
Chex™ Muddy Buddies™ gets a seriously sweet upgrade with the addition of fan-favorite chip frosting.
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy frosting rainbow chip
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package Betty Crocker™ candy shop decors rainbow chips
- In microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips and butter uncovered on High in 1-minute intervals, stirring after each, about 3 minutes total or until mixture can be stirred smooth. In second bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High 30 seconds. Stir frosting into melted white chips.
- Pour cereal into large bowl; pour frosting mixture over top. Stir with large spoon or spatula until cereal is evenly coated.
- Add powdered sugar, rainbow chips and coated cereal mixture to 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Look for white vanilla baking chips that contain cocoa butter. They will melt more easily and are less likely to scorch when heated.
- Feel free to use Corn Chex™ cereal, Vanilla Chex™ cereal or other Chex™ cereal variations.