- 9 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Nutella™ chocolate hazelnut spread (from 13-oz jar)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds
- 2 cups white chocolate-covered mini pretzels
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large bowl, add cereal.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, hazelnut spread and butter uncovered on High in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour mixture into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar to bag. Seal bag; shake until cereal pieces are well coated. Spread mixture on cookie sheet to cool, about 15 minutes. Mix in almonds and pretzels. Store in covered container.
- Microwave oven wattages vary. Be sure to watch carefully when microwaving chocolate mixture, stirring thoroughly every 30 seconds to avoid scorching.
- Package mixture into individual servings in fun, resealable food-storage bags for the perfect edible gift.
- Muddy Buddies™ are best consumed the first few days for the best crunch!
1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 140mg; Potassium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2