No-Bake Birthday Cake Bars
Looking for a birthday treat to whip up in a snap? These no-bake cereal bars, complete with frosting and sprinkles, are just as sweet as baking up a birthday cake. And even if you're not celebrating a birthday, they're a special anytime treat.
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 container (1.75 oz) Betty Crocker™ rainbow mix sprinkles (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 bag (10 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16-oz container)
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Spray large bowl with cooking spray. Add cereal and 1/4 cup of the decors to bowl.
- Spray medium microwavable bowl with cooking spray. Add butter and marshmallows. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup of the frosting and the white vanilla baking chips. Continue to microwave uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until well blended.
- Pour hot marshmallow mixture over cereal mixture; stir until cereal is well coated. Press firmly in pan.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/4 cup frosting uncovered on High 5 to 10 seconds, stirring until melted and smooth. Drizzle over top of bar with fork. Sprinkle remaining sprinkles over top.
- Cool at least 1 1/2 hours until firm. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- Make sure to really compress the cereal bars; that will make them easier to cut.
- Customize this cereal bar for any holiday by using other colors of decors.