Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex™ Mix
Savor the flavors of Mexican Hot Chocolate any time of year in this dynamite party mix.
- 2 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Serving Size: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 8%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
- *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwaveable bowl, measure cereal. Set aside.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, heat butter and chocolate chips on High 1 minute or until almost melted; stir and microwave another 30 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth; stir in condensed milk, heat 30 seconds or until boiling; stir in cinnamon. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Stir in coconut and marshmallows. Pour onto waxed-paper lined pan to cool.
- Method Note: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Serving Suggestions/Menu: Not a coconut lover? Leave it out-you’ll still have a terrific blend of Mexican Hot Chocolate.