These crunchy banana pops are coated in peanut butter, rolled in crushed Vanilla Chex™ cereal and chopped peanuts, making a fun and delicious snack.
- 6 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 3 ripe medium bananas, peeled and cut in half crosswise
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup Vanilla Chex™ cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped gluten-free dry-roasted peanuts
- Insert stick into cut end of each banana piece. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each. Roll in crushed cereal and chopped peanuts; serve.
- Variation: Try these varieties of cereal in this recipe: Honey Nut Chex™, Cinnamon Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™.
- Substitution: Chocolate hazelnut spread makes a great substitution for peanut butter in this recipe.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Serving Size: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 120mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 11g); Protein 5g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 1 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Makes: 6 Servings