Gluten-Free Mini Cherry Crisps
Cherry pie and Chocolate Chex™ cereal come together in these quick and easy microwave treats!
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup Chocolate Chex™ cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Serving Size: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 110mg; Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 0g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Pour cherry pie filling into medium microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until warmed through.
- Divide pie filling evenly among four 4-oz ramekins or cups. Top each ramekin with 1/4 cup crushed cereal and 2 tablespoons whipped cream.
- Presentation/Garnish: Top whipped cream with mini chocolate chips for extra indulgence.
- Method Note: To make a fresh cherry pie filling: In large microwavable bowl, stir 4 cups pitted fresh or frozen (thawed) dark sweet cherries, 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Microwave uncovered on High 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Divide cherry mixture among ramekins. Top each ramekin with 1/4 cup crushed cereal and 2 tablespoons whipped cream.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.