Gluten-Free Mini Apple Pie Crisps
These miniature apple pie crisps are topped with a crunchy Cinnamon Chex™ cereal topping. They make an easy and delicious snack or dessert.
- 4 medium tart apples
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Cinnamon Chex™ cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Serving Size: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 34g); Protein 0g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Peel 4 medium tart apples, and slice into 1/2-inch slices (about 6 cups). Add apples to medium microwavable bowl. In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Sprinkle on top of apples.
- Microwave uncovered on High 10 to 12 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
Divide pie filling evenly among four 4-oz ramekins or cups. Top each ramekin with 1/4 cup crushed cereal and 2 tablespoons whipped cream.
- Method Note: If you're in a hurry, substitute fresh apple pie filling with 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling.
- Variation: Add 1/4 cup chopped pecans to crushed cereal for a nutty crunch.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.