Gluten-Free Fruit Sundae Cups
Delicious edible cups serve as bowls for fruity sundaes! Eat the frozen yogurt and fruit toppings first, and finish with the Vanilla Chex™ cereal cup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, clementine slices)
- Serving Size: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 22g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Spray 6 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 minute longer. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add crushed cereal; mix well. Spoon cereal mixture into each muffin cup. Use hands or back of spoon to press mixture firmly into bottoms and sides of cups. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Remove cups from pan.
- To serve, fill cups with 1/4 cup frozen yogurt; garnish with fruit. Serve immediately.
- Variation: Try chocolate frozen yogurt or gluten-free flavored ice cream. Add whipped cream, a maraschino cherry or mini chocolate chips for a special touch.
- Variation: Any variety of Chex™ cereal will work in this recipe.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.