Double Chocolate Chex™ Pretzel Rods
These dipped pretzels have just the right amount of salty and sweet crunch everyone loves.
- 1 cup Chocolate Chex™ cereal, coarsely crushed
- 3/4 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 8 pretzel rods (from a 12 oz package)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter baking chips
- Line large cookie sheet with wax paper. Add crushed cereal to another sheet of wax paper.
- In 1-cup microwaveable measuring cup, add chocolate chips and microwave on High for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and stirred smooth.
- Dip each pretzel nearly halfway into melted chocolate, tipping measuring cup as needed to partially coat pretzels; allow excess to drip off. Roll in crushed cereal and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- In small microwaveable dish, add peanut butter chips and microwave on 50% power 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and stirred smooth. Transfer melted mixture to small, resealable food storage bag. Snip corner from one end and drizzle onto coated pretzel rods.
- Refrigerate pretzels for 15 to 20 minutes, until chocolate is set.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
- For even more crunch, add chopped peanuts to your crushed cereal before rolling pretzels into mixture.