Clark Griswold™ Nuthouse Chex™ Mix
Chex™ cereal coated in sweet sugar perfection and salty pretzels make up this festive mix that’s loaded with just as many nuts as your typical holiday family gathering.
- 6 cups Corn or Rice Chex™ cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 4 tablespoons holiday nonpareils
- 2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate candies (red and green)
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with wax paper. In large microwaveable bowl, add cereal
- In small microwaveable bowl, microwave butter on High for 20 to 30 seconds, until melted. Stir in sugar and microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds, or until sugar is starting to dissolve. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Spread cereal onto one of the baking pans. Spread pretzels onto remaining baking pan.
- In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chips on High for 45 to 60 seconds, stirring after 45 seconds, until chips are starting to melt. If necessary, continue heating in 15-second increments, stirring after each until chips are melted and smooth. Transfer melted chips to small resealable food storage bag and cut small corner off one end of bag.
- Drizzle on top of cereal and pretzels and top with sprinkles. Cool 20 to 30 minutes, or until drizzle is set. Carefully break apart cereal and pretzels; transfer to large serving bowl. Stir in nuts and candies.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Substitute your favorite nut combination in this mix.