Chili Lime Chex™ Mix
The zest of lime meets a punch of chili, garlic, onion and cayenne in a corny crunchy cereal mix.
- 8 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup corn nuts
- 1 cup bite-size cheese crackers
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup corn chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Serving Size: Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, corn nuts, crackers, pretzels and corn chips. Set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in lime juice, lime zest and seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, stirring thoroughly every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Presentation/Garnish: Serve this zesty snack mix in a margarita glass with a salted rim. Rub the rim of the glass with the cut side of a lime or lemon wedge, then dip the rim into a shallow dish of coarse salt.