Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chex™ Mix
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (8 oz)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup red and green candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- Serving Size: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g); Protein 5g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with foil or waxed paper. Place 3 cups cereal in large bowl. In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Pour melted chips over cereal in bowl; stir to evenly coat. Spread mixture in single layer on one of the cookie sheets. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
- Repeat the above using the remaining cereal and the peanut butter chips; refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.
- Gently break up coated cereal into large bowl. Add candy and peanuts; stir gently to combine. Store in airtight container.
- Variation: Just for the fun of it, try this recipe using different flavored chips or candy-coated pieces.
- Serving Suggestions/Menu: Why not? Try this crunchy mixture served on top of ice cream!