Caramel Apple Chex™ Bars
These caramel apple Chex™ bars are the perfect snack to sneak into a lunchbox, or serve them as a great after-school snack!
- 7 1/2 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 1 bag (2.5 oz) original apple chips, coarsely crushed (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 bag (11 oz) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Spray large bowl with cooking spray; place cereal and apple chips in bowl, and set aside.
- Spray medium microwavable bowl with cooking spray; add unwrapped caramels and water. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes to 2 minutes 30 seconds, stirring after each minute, until mixture is smooth. Remove from microwave. Stir in marshmallows and microwave on High for an additional 30 seconds, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until evenly coated. Pour cereal mixture into pan. With sprayed hands, press mixture firmly into pan until even.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on 50% power 1 to 2 minutes stirring after 1 minute, until mixture is smooth. Transfer to small, resealable food storage bag and snip one corner off bag. Drizzle melted chips over top of cereal mixture. Refrigerate until cereal bar is firm and topping is set, about 20 minutes.
- Be sure to press mixture firmly into pan for best result. Some of the cereal should start to crush.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.