Buffalo Chex™ Mix
Chex™ Party Mix Contest Winning Recipe 2009! Inspired by her husband and son, who love Buffalo hot wings, the winning cook perfected the combination of Chex™ cereals, spice, celery seed and ranch dressing.
- 4 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Parmesan-flavored crackers
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Frank’s™ Red Hot™ Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- Serving Size: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 460mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 6%; Iron 30%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 1 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, crackers and pretzels; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in hot sauce and seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 5 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Recipe/Ingredient Facts: You’ll find Parmesan-flavored crackers in the cracker aisle of your grocery store. Look for those little square cheesy crackers that come in an endless variety of flavors.
- Do-Ahead: To ease the load of last-minute prep, make the mix up to 2 weeks ahead and store in an airtight container.