Buddy The Elf™ Muddy Mix
This decadent holiday Muddy Buddies™ snack mix is every chocolate-peanut butter lover’s dream, using Peanut Butter Chex™ cereal and peanut butter candies for triple the peanut butter flavor!
- 5 cups Peanut Butter Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup candy-coated peanut butter chocolate candies (red and green)
- Serving Size (1/2 Cup): Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
- In large bowl, add cereals; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool completely. Stir in candies. Store in airtight container.
- Store in airtight containers so the mixture stays crisp.
- Try different colored candy-coated chocolate candies to customize the mix for the season.
- For over-the-top chocolate and peanut butter flavors, stir in 1/2 cup each peanut butter chips and milk chocolate chips. Or add 1 cup chocolate-covered peanuts for a nutty element!