Spiced Muddy Buddies
You can use any combination of Chex™ cereals to create this yummy favorite, but the combination of Chocolate, Cinnamon and Vanilla is what makes a true Mexican combo.
- 9 cups Vanilla Chex™, Chocolate Chex™, or Cinnamon Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Serving Size: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g); Protein 1g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 35%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
- Into large bowl, measure cereals set aside.
- In 1-quart microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in condensed milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar; seal bag. Shake until well-coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Method Note: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change