Mummy Chex™ Cereal Treat Bars
These easy no-bake mummy cereal bar treats are perfect to serve all the ghosts and goblins at your next Halloween party.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 package (12 oz) orange candy melts
- 1 package (12 oz) purple candy melts
- Candy eyeballs, sprinkles, for decorating
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add cereal; mix well. Using waxed paper or spatula sprayed with cooking spray, press mixture evenly into baking dish. Cool 15 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows.
- Meanwhile, line work surface with waxed paper. In small microwavable bowl, microwave candy melts as directed on package to melt. Dip each bar and decorate as desired, using photo as a guide. Place decorated bars on waxed paper about 30 minutes or until set.
- Almond bark is a great alternative to candy melts in this recipe.
- Store bars in covered container.