Honey and Sriracha sauce bring a sweet and spicy kick to your party mix that's ready for munching in 15 minutes!
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1 cup waffle pretzels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Huy Fong Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, peanuts and pretzels; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in Sriracha sauce and honey. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 15 minutes. Place in serving bowl; stir in popcorn. Store in airtight container.
- Do-Ahead: For more honey flavor, use honey-roasted peanuts in place of roasted.
- Substitution: If you don't have waffle pretzels on hand, substitute in a cup of bagel chips, corn chips, cheese flavored crackers or chow mein noodles.
- Variation: If you like it extra spicy, add a little more Sriracha sauce.
- Techniques: Oven Directions: Heat oven to 250°F. In large bowl, mix cereals, peanuts and pretzels; set aside. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in Sriracha sauce and honey. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 15 minutes. Place in serving bowl; stir in popcorn. Store in airtight container.
- Serving Size: Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 1 oz-eq Grains; 1 oz-eq Meat & Beans
- *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Makes: 20 Servings