Gluten-Free Chex™ Lemon Buddies
Get ready for spring with a gluten-free twist on a favorite. Lemon Buddies have the great taste of lemon, and a touch of sweetness that everyone can enjoy!
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Serving Size: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 135mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 18g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
- *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, lemon peel and juice uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Recipe/Ingredient Facts: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Variation: Give it a try! Vary this mix by stirring in chopped dried tropical fruits, coconut or macadamia nuts after coating the cereal mixture with powdered sugar.