Gluten-Free Cranberry Nut Chex™ Mix
Cranberry-nut bread flavors mix into a snack you can eat by the handfuls. Yum!
- 6 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Serving Size: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal and walnuts; set aside.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and oil on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 1 minute longer, stirring after 30 seconds, until mixture is hot. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in cranberries. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in tightly covered container.
- Healthy: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Recipe/Ingredient Facts: The dried cranberries are tossed in at the very end so they don’t overcook.