Campfire Chex™ Mix
When you can’t have the campfire outside, our recipe for Campfire Chex Mix brings the campfire to you! Made with gooey marshmallows, chocolate, and other yummy candies, think of Campfire Chex Mix as a supreme s’more!
- 8 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 8 oz mini peanut butter cups
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel candies
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla chips
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside. Measure the Cinnamon Chex into a large microwave-safe bowl, and set it aside.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a 2-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir, and heat for another minute, or until the sugar is melted and smooth. Stir until fully blended. Pour the mixture over the Cinnamon Chex and gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Microwave the coated Chex on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet pan, spread it out evenly, and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mini peanut butter cups and mini marshmallows evenly over the top of the cereal.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramel candies and heavy cream. Heat on high for 1 minute and stir until fully blended. Drizzle the melted caramel sauce over the top of the candy and marshmallows. Repeat with the chocolate and vanilla chips. Refrigerate until the mix is set. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.