Buddy The Elf™ Chex Mix
The best way to spread holiday cheer is hosting a movie night with Chex™ Mix near. Vanilla coated Chex™ clusters, mini wafers, pretzels and chocolate candies make up this festive sweet and salty treat.
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 2½ cups white vanilla baking chips
- 2 tablespoons holiday candy sprinkles
- 1½ cups mini vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup tree-shaped pretzels
- 2 tablespoons holiday nonpareils
- 1 cup holiday almond or peanut chocolate candies
- Serving Size (1/2 Cup): Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 14g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%;
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5
- Line 2 large rimmed pans with waxed paper. In large bowl, add cereal.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave 2 cups of the baking chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring after 45 seconds, until chips are starting to melt. Continue heating in 15-second increments, until chips are melted and smooth. Pour over cereal; mix to thoroughly coat. Spread mixture in one of the pans; top with sprinkles. Cool 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, spread cookies and pretzels in single layer, right side up, in remaining pan. In same microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/2 cup baking chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until chips are melted and smooth. Transfer melted chips to small resealable food-storage plastic bag, and cut small corner off one end of bag. Drizzle onto cookies and pretzels; sprinkle with nonpareils. Cool 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Break cereal mixture into bite-size pieces; transfer to large serving bowl. Carefully break apart pretzels and cookies, if necessary. Add to bowl; stir in candies.
- Store in airtight container so the mixture stays crisp.