Birthday Cake Muddy Buddies™
All the party with none of the hassle! Our Birthday Cake Muddy Buddies™ uses sprinkles to make a quick and easy treat that has all of the birthday cake flavor without the birthday cake mess.
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 3/4 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips (from 12-oz bag)
- 1 container (1.75 oz) rainbow sprinkles (about 1/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Serving: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 160mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
- In large bowl, place cereal; set aside.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave frosting and white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cereal; stir until evenly coated. Add sprinkles; toss. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on cooking parchment paper to cool, about 30 minutes. Cool completely before storing in airtight container at room temperature.
- Don’t limit the fun to birthdays! Sprinkles come in a variety of colors, and nonpareils can be used as well in this recipe. Match your Muddy Buddies™ to your party’s theme.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.