Birthday Cake Chex™ Mix
Frosting and white chocolate give this Chex™ mix a sweet surprise--add colorful sprinkles for a snack fit for a party!
- 6 cups Corn Chex™ cereal or Rice Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips (from 12-oz bag)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons assorted Betty Crocker™ candy sprinkles
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- Serving Size: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 125mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 23g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large bowl, place cereal; set aside.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave frosting and white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 to 60 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar and sprinkles. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Stir in popcorn. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.