- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 cups Apple Cinnamon Chex™cereal
- 3 cups apple chips
- 1 cup lightly salted, roasted almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, add oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and sea salt; mix well. Use pastry blender to cut in butter, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture comes together. Spread out evenly in pan; press down slightly on mixture to hold together.
- Bake 10 minutes; stir gently. Continue baking 10 to 13 minutes or until mixture is light golden brown. Cool completely on parchment in pan, about 1 hour. Carefully break into small clusters.
- In large serving bowl, mix cereal, apple chips and almonds; stir in clusters. Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Try this as a delicious topper to your favorite yogurt. You may need to break up the apple chips a bit before topping.
- Adding water to crumble mixture helps all ofthe dry, flour mixture come together before baking. Watch crumble during baking for excessive browning around edges. Mixture will continue to bake in pan during cooling.
- Make this a caramel apple crumble by drizzling with your favorite caramel sauce right before serving!
1/2 Cup Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 130 mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1