Original Chex™ Party Mix (1/2 Batch)
Mix up a small batch of this time-tested party snack just for your family.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup bite-size pretzels
- 1/2 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- Serving Size: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 330mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 5 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 5 minutes. Store in airtight container.
- Substitution: The original recipe calls for all three Chex® cereals, but you can use a total of 4 1/2 cups of just one or two of the Chex® cereals.