Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Chex™ Party Mix
A holiday favorite cookie, peanut butter blossoms, is transformed into this sweet snack mix. Cereal is coated in melted peanut butter chips and sparkling sugar and studded with milk chocolate candies for a chocolate-peanut butter combo you can’t resist.
- 4 cups Corn Chex™ or Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup gluten-free peanut butter baking chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon coarse sparkling sugar, if desired
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup gluten-free milk chocolate candy drops, unwrapped
- 1 Serving: Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 100mg; Potassium 55mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 1g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1
- Line large cookie sheet with waxed paper. In medium bowl, add Corn or Rice Chex™ cereal.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave peanut butter chips and butter uncovered on Medium (50%) 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth (mixture will be thick).
- Pour mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring thoroughly until cereal is evenly coated.
- Spread mixture on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar; refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set. Carefully break into bite-size pieces.
- In large serving bowl, mix coated cereal, Chocolate Chex™ cereal and chocolate candy drops.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Microwave oven wattages vary, so be sure to carefully watch peanut butter mixture to avoid burning or seizing.
- Coarse sparkling sugar can be found at craft stores, and sometimes, in the baking and decorating aisle of the grocery store.