Hot & Spicy Chex™ Mix
Guests will love this kicked-up version of our original Chex™ party mix.
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup bite-size cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons red pepper sauce
- Serving Size: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 0 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
- *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and crackers; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and red pepper sauce. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Substitution: Choose any small pretzels—holiday shapes are great when they’re available.
- Substitution: Use any combination of your favorite Chex™ cereals for this recipe.
- Techniques: Prepare this spicy snack the day before your get-together. Store in smaller airtight containers for easier packing or in individual containers for on-the-go snacking.