Gluten-Free Cranberry-Orange Chex™ Party Mix
A classic mix of fall flavors incorporated into everyone’s favorite snack mix, Honey Nut Chex™, Rice Chex™ and sliced almonds are tossed in a subtly sweet orange mixture, with dried cranberries stirred in at the end.
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1 Serving: Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 115mg; Potassium 70mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 2g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large microwavable bowl, add cereals and almonds.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 20 to 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in sugar; microwave 30 to 60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in orange peel and ginger. Pour onto cereal and almond mixture, mixing thoroughly to coat.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 6 minutes, stirring after every minute, until well coated and glazed. Spread on cookie sheet; cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully separate cereal pieces; stir in cranberries. Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Store in covered container at room temperature.
- Cut-up candied orange peel would make a great addition to this mix.